Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day to ME

I woke up this morning and spent the day just as I would have on most Sundays with Dave making breakfast but I usually don't get to look at roses while I eat. This was special since it was Mothers Day. Soon after that Jaxson and I went out to buy some plants to begin our landscaping project. We circled the aisles with really no idea what to buy so I bought some inexpensive shrubs and other flowers I liked and we headed home. We propped Jaxson's pack and play in the yard so he could join in the fun and we laid out the landscaping fabric. That is when we realized, we have a ton of area!





So back to the store we headed, all three of us this time, and with both cars to load up. We circled the aisles but this time putting more in our cart along with 15 bags of mulch. We laid out what we thought looked good and by no means are we professional but it is definitely better than before. Hopefully we chose stuff that will grow good in the area and didn't make it too crowded. And really, if we did oh well.. we will just try again next year. I have a feeling it will look pretty good once it begins to grow a little and the flowers blossom.

Before
(this is the other side of the door but prior to prep this is what it looked like)


Prepped


The Plan

Almost Done

Don't miss a spot!!

5 comments:

Grandma Elaine said...

WOW....Looking NICE!!!!! Good Job Dave & Jamie!! :)

Jennie Peakin said...

That looks great! I love the smell of Cedar Mulch...it makes me think of spring! I love gardening!

JamieLynne said...

Thanks for the compliments! I can't wait to see what it looks like in a few weeks when there are pretty flowers. :)

DavidJoseph said...

Jennie- the cedar mulch does smell good.. I hauled 15 bags in my Jeep yesterday and it's still very potent in there, very strong!

Grandma Elaine said...

ooops.... Happy Mothers Day Jamie! You are an amazing Mommy!
Love you!

Contributors