Saturday, August 1, 2009

Good Dog Mom.. day one

Today we had plans to go to the Downtown Farmers Market with Holcomb, Leah, and her aunt and uncle. Because I promised to start socializing the dogs again and get them back into public places I got Bandana all ready to go with us this morning. It was hard to decide which dog to take, since I am only taking one dog at a time in public now since its a handful with Jaxson already. I finally decided that since Bandana has to be a good boy and let me clean, and put medication in his ears I will treat him to an outing first.

He did so surprisingly well. He sat each time I told him to sit, he never pulled or lagged behind to check out other people or dogs. He actually ignored other dogs as they walked by. I sat down and at my food from Dos Rios Dave went on to get a breakfast burrito with Jaxson. I sat down at a table and Bandana LAID DOWN under the table and just patiently waited. He never bothered anyone, he didn't even beg for a piece of my food. I am so proud of my "crazy" yellow lab. Maybe, just maybe, a tiny teensy tiny bit of his puppyness is beginning to fade. This outing has made me hopeful and made him all smiles.




No comments:

Contributors