Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Could it be true?!??

Oh My Goodness! My baby boy potty trained?? As in no more diapers?? Could it be true?? Almost... 

 Thursday 5.5 Jaxson was in diapers. We would practice sitting on the potty several times a day but never really amounted to much. Every once in a while I would time it right and he would go. That night we talked and decided on Friday we were going to try underwear all day. I thought he needed to have the feeling of being wet and so he could learn to not like it very much. 

Friday morning we woke up and sat on the potty right away. He wasn't too excited about the idea of underwear but I stuck to my guns. On they went. We ate breakfast and took a potty break. Success! With that I thought I could jump in a quick shower. I was hesitant but did just went with it. I was only in the shower for a few minutes when Jaxson comes in with his potty tray. He had a big smile and informed me had gone potty. All by himself, took off his shorts and went. All by himself!

And he hasn't had an accident since. Not one (when in underwear). And I don't have to follow him around and ask him. He just goes when he needs. If it has been awhile I will just announce that we are taking a potty break.

He has been doing pull ups at daycare and I think they are too much like diapers for him. He will just go in them, but as soon as he is in underwear when he gets home he goes straight to the potty without a problem. We are going to skip right over the pull-up phase since he does better in underwear. 

Did my baby boy actually potty train himself?? Of course he did, because we just bought the biggest box of diapers for him possible!!


No comments:

Contributors