Monday, November 12, 2012

Pumpkin Picking & Pumpking Painting

I am behind on the blog. Story of my life right now. Ha... Anyway, I wanted to get all the pumpkin business on the blog. First... we did some pumpkin picking a couple weeks ago. We always go to Howells in Cumming and always have a great time. First thing first, we always go to the play section. Last year Asher wasn't old enough to really participate but this year there was no stopping either of them. Off they went right away! It is so much fun watching them run and play and laugh together. There is really nothing better in the whole world.














Then we were off on the tractor to the pumpkin patch, corn maze, and peddled go kart race. It was actually a pretty warm day so it got pretty hot wandering around in the patch. I wanted Asher to find a pumpkin he could carry himself which wasn't happening out there. so finally Jaxson found a perfect pumpkin and we headed back to the front. Asher then found a small pumpkin and immediately ran over the the "Pumpkin Warsh" to scrub his up just like his brother was doing. I love the pumpkin patch tradition. It is always such a fun day and a great way to kick off the fall season!!







Now that you have picked them you have to paint them right?! Pumpkin decorating is always a fun time around here. Jaxson joined in the decorating fun last year and this year Asher got to jump in too. I stopped at the dollar store and ended up with a boat load of pumpkin decorating gear. Paint, stickers, sparkly glue, foam stickers, sponges, brushes. I couldn't decide when I was there so I just got everything. And my bill was only $6 so I was ok with that. :)

Since Jaxson has been in school he has gotten very serious about his arts and crafts. Not that he wants to do them all the time (certainly more than before) but he has a vision and goes after it. And he loves writing his name on everything! It was the first thing he did on his pumpkin. He said he was going to paint our family. You can see one person here... 





Asher loves to paint. When he sees the water color paints he gets soooo excited. He dances and yells "yaayy" So when I opened him up several colors from the little jars he went right to work. He also was quite interested in the gel sparkle glue pens, and stuck on several stickers.







He didn't last long surprisingly painting his pumpkin. Maybe we should have let him go for a bigger one so he had more space to work with. Or he was just going for a simply look this year. Or maybe it was the giant tunnel waiting for him in the living room was calling his name. Overall, we ended with a beautifully decorated front step to welcome all the trick or treaters...


No comments:

Contributors