Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Dave's CNN Debut

I worked for some time at Harvest Research Center and they set up different focus groups and other research groups for any and all types of companies. Dave has been in groups testing beer, talking about processed meat, and doing a dial test for political debates. He responded to an email from them about an upcoming group and qualified. He knew it was about the state of the union speech but had no idea he would be on live tv on CNN.


Off he went and I finished up dinner and turned on CNN to catch a glimpse of Dave on TV. Oh, and to watch the speech too. ;)

Of course, the only channel that doesn't work is CNN. I couldn't believe it. Obviously it had been out for awhile but it isn't a channel we watch regularly so we didn't notice. I talked to the lady at directv to try to get it fixed to no avail. I logged on the computer and watched from there.

I was bummed that he didn't get to talk. Or more accurately avoided being talked to at all costs. Each time they were on break he would avoid eye contact with the producers who would go around to talk to the participants and take notes on who would be a good candidate to interview on live television.

Living in Des Moines you think is such a small little city we wouldn't be much of a difference maker, but when it comes to politics we seem to be a go to. Good or bad, it does make me feel kind of important. But more than anything this hat makes Dave seem pretty important.



No comments:

Contributors