Saturday, April 26, 2014

Ragbrai Prep

Dave is hoping to ride all of Ragbrai this year and is needing to get in some miles before he has to put in hundreds of miles. Both boys fit in the Burley but we hope that by next year Jaxson will be able to do some riding on his own. We saw these tag-a-long riders and knew that would be a great option for Jaxson and eventually Asher. After some searching we found a barely used Trek tag-a-long on Craigslist. It was red, but since there was no yellow in sight it worked. He bleeds black and gold in all things....

The best part of the tag-a-long was watching Jaxson's smile as he rode behind daddy. He was smiling and concentrating so intently. He would pedal quickly to make sure he could stay in front of me. It's all about winning with him. :/

The worst part is I had to pull the trailer. It gets worse... with Asher in it. I have been trying lately to get back into shape but Asher is heavy. Reeeaaallllyyy heavy. I felt like I was going up a hill the whole time. Even when I was going down hill and not even pedaling. My legs were burning the entire time and with every turn of the pedal I was dreading having to turn around. We started at the trail entrance just before 63rd on Park and made it to the bypass... and luckily made it back. There were moments I didn't think it was going to happen. And most of the time I was contemplating if it would be safe to attach the trailer behind the tag-a-long which is attached to Dave's bike... so he could pull everyone. I think we need put both boys in the trailer again for Dave to pull though. I think it is good for him to practice for Rabrai. It is like the football players that run around with tires around their waists. When the tires are off you can go fast and far! He will be flying across the state easily if he doesn't have to pull 100+lbs of cargo! 

Or I should just keep practicing and be a team player. That could work too.... 


No comments:

Contributors