Glen Oaks Pool with Carol
The boys are getting pretty good and relaxing at Glen Oaks with Aunt Carol. I can't say I mind it much either. :)
Nahas Pool
This one is just down the street for us so convenience is awesome. I am glad we didn't get a season pass though with such cool temps! Jaxson still isn't brave enough to down the water slide but next year I think he will for sure!
Go to the Science Center
We stopped at the Sci during a bad rainstorm. Two birds with one stone, stay out of the storm and check something off our list!
Go to the Zoo
We went for a quick high five from the seal...
Walk the Dogs
Jaxson and Niley are best friends lately and he loved walking her. With such great weather we will do it again soon. We walked all the way around Grey's lake and the boys didn't complain once! We only expected to make it about half way before little legs started to wear out. (Yes, both of the dogs came but I had Bandana most of the time and was the one taking all the pictures!
Picnic
We met up with Channing and Sheena at a cool new (to us) park with picnic blankets and packed lunches for a day at the park and a picnic. They had so much to climb on, traditional play ground equipment and some other stuff that was totally different for the kids which they loved! The giant slides built into the side of the hill were probably the favorite. I wish it was closer because it would be a favorite to go to for sure!
(Our picnic crew)
Praire Meadows Horse Racing
Our friends Jennie and her two big boys came to town to have some Des Moines fun before they headed back to school. But mostly because she buys shampoo in DSM. (I know.. crazy right?) It happened to be family day at the races so we headed out and watched a few races, met Tinkerbell, got balloon swords (and one balloon Flower Sword) and had fun picking our favorite horses. The kids did pretty good picking some winners and most of those who wanted to pick won a little cash. And in a little I mean like $1.50...
Not the best pose Asher.... just sayin'
Paint A Picture
Dave was headed home from Ragbrai and we were wanting to check some things off our summer fun list. What better than a welcome home sign for Dave? Jaxson wanted to draw a bike and wanted to have something to go off of. We pulled up a bike on the Ipad and this was his rendition of it! It is great and Dave loved having the extra love coming home.
Learn to Swim
Carol treated the boys to summer swim lessons this year at Glen Oaks. Wow, what a difference having lessons not in a group makes. Jaxson is a full on swimmer and Asher is getting braver and could do it all on his own with a tad more confidence.
Take a Bike Ride
Dave was about to leave on Ragbrai and it was such a gorgeous night out we thought we better hit the trail. Except this time we rode from home instead of starting on the trail. No biggie I thought even though I was pulling Asher since Jaxson was on the tag-a-long. But actually road riding has A LOT more hills than on the trail. I thought I was going to die. And there were points that Jaxson did too as he expressed concerned to Dave and looked back to check on me often. :/
(Getting to Greys Lake is mostly down hill... I was still happy at this point)
Bowling
We signed up for Kids Bowl Free which gets you two free bowling games per kid free per week. Get that? We signed up, picked up some friends and off we went. It was our lucky dad and it was cosmic bowling right when we got there!
SkyZone
We did this one pretty early in the summer for Jaxson's big birthday fun day. He loves this place and has so much fun each time we go. The best part they are so worn out when it is over and it isn't bad exercise for me either!
Play in the Ocean
I am so happy the boys finally got to experience the ocean. It is such a gorgeous, relaxing place to spend time. Can we go back now??










































No comments:
Post a Comment