Thursday, January 21, 2010
Just keep walking..
Today I did something for the first time. I let Jaxson walk through the mall all by himself with me tagging closely behind. I didn't strap him into a stroller, until he fell asleep that is with all his exercise. I did this with the help of his new backpack with a harness it's called. Before I was a parent I would see these and think, OMG they have their child on a leash. Now that I am a parent I see it differently. Kids love to explore, they also need to explore to stimulate their minds and senses to keep them learning all the time. Keeping them in a stroller while out and about when they are able and willing to walk is hardly fair and quite boring for them. I decided that I would rather let Jaxson be an energetic 18month old baby and use his legs while at the mall without worrying about him getting away from me. I decided that if I come home with my child safe I don't care what people think of me as a parent. I didn't take a picture of him today with it but it is very simple blue backpack. It isn't an animal and is pretty boyish and the best part I only spent ten dollars. Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture of it ( I thought everything was on the internet) but I will take some pics of him with it soon so you can see how cute and LOGICAL it is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I always said you were the most practical kid (person) I know. Good going..better harnessed safe than sorry...and Jax gets his excercise just like Mom and Auntie C!!!
Post a Comment