When summer's first flood, possible power outage with a strong thunderstorm comes along or winter's next big storm comes knocking on our door and the weatherman says stock your pantries because this is going to be a bad one I can breath a little easier. Why? Because I actually have a pantry to stock now!! I had to go the basement to open my Christmas gift this year because it was too big and heavy to carry upstairs but despite all that Dave still got it wrapped.. most of it anyway. As I ripped the paper off I was convinced it was a bike because my first guess was a pantry and Dave acted like that was the most ridiculous thing ever. Well, my first instinct was correct and I was estactic. Some of you may know how long I have been begging, fighting, pleading, and begging for a pantry. Our kitchen has about 2 cabinets (I'm exaggerating a little but not much) and we were stuffed in there like a turkey on Thanksgiving. Seriously. Then my knight in shining pantry arrived and we can now breath. We have room for more stuff and when you open the cabinet doors nothing falls on your head. Before this was a daily hazard whether it be a can of corn or box of some sort it always hurt and left me wanting a pantry more than ever. When things came crashing down on Dave he thought I had set him up to prove to him we needed a pantry. I hadn't, we just truly needed a pantry. We have had it now for about three weeks and although I am used to seeing it, every time I open it I still smile. Mostly because nothing is falling on my head.

No comments:
Post a Comment