Then, in spirit of the Winter Olympics we all are enjoying, Dave dreamed up the idea to go ice skating downtown. I thought it was a great idea and to give credit it was completely Dave's idea. Then when we parked and walking up I got a little more nervous. I have ice skated before, and I have also roller bladed but I didn't know how it was going to help since it had been at least ten years ago for either. We put on our skates and wobbled our way out to the rink. Dave was anxious to get out on the ice and I wanted to just watch for awhile. I was stalling! We finally did it and I held closely to the wall as I got my balance. Dave would speed off then run into the wall not knowing how to stop. After a few times around we both got the hang of it and was able to go around and around without holding on to the railings constantly. The best news is neither of us fell down after skating for over an hour! We did however look FAR from experienced as you will notice in the video of Dave below. We had a great time and if you have a chance I would recommend going out and giving it a try. When you are done you will have a far greater respect for all those in Vancouver on skates!
And no.. I did not ask to ride the Zamboni..



You'll see Dave coming from the top of the rink and almost is at fault for a collision. Luckily his wife was there to warn him! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment