The weekend that is a kickoff to summer spoiled us with wonderful weather. Laura and I are working our way through the couch to 5k program so this weather was perfect for us to go push our lung limits. Greys Lake is the perfect spot as it is mostly flat and easily navigated even with alot of people out and about. We are nearing the end of the program and finding these longer runs are pushing us (read, me!) to my limits. But I have never ran in my life and any time have tried even remotely, I have felt like death. Like I was going to die from lack of oxygen. I secretly wished I could be a "runner" seeing those out and about running and seeming to enjoy it. So I agreed to start this program with Laura to see if I would end up really enjoying running. Or just to find out if I would indeed die. So far neither have happened. I have not died but I don't love it. We will see how it works out. We haven't done a running selfie yet, but will get on that!
Friday we enjoyed a special celebration for Asher at school. His teacher gave each student a unique award to describe them as she has gotten to know them over the year. He got an award to celebrate that he is open-minded. He definitely goes with the flow and doesn't let much get in the way of his happy disposition. We are so excited for him to finish his Kindergarten year and see what 1st grade brings.
| Alice is practicing being in Kindergarten and working on her balance on their special chairs! |
This weekend brought many photo shoots which kept me busy and up early. The boys have been loving playing outdoors with the warm weather and neighborhood kids. Alice is gaining some independence and learning how to let herself outside. Often with mismatched shoes and chasing after her brothers without letting us know she has left the building. This will be an obstacle this summer to make sure we know where exactly the little lady is.
| That moment when you realize your shoes don't match. |
For Memorial day we enjoyed the weather with the neighbors, grilling and yard games. We are so excited to get this summer started!
No comments:
Post a Comment