Wednesday, June 7, 2017
Summer Reading
I know we are only a week into summer and many times good habits fall to the wayside in summer but I really hope we can keep it up until the new school year. Jaxson has regressed with reading in years past over the summer since we didn't keep at him about reading and Asher has really started to take off at the end of this year and I would love for him to not lose the momentum. Jaxson has already finished three books, all three about Minecraft and below his reading level, but still THREE! And Asher has read to me three, early reader chapter books. We are still working our way through the Magic Treehouse books so we should have plenty to read this summer. Alice also signed up for summer reading and got to pick out her own book to keep. As soon as she saw "Chickaboom" she grabbed it and ran like she was getting away with something.
Colton was with us the day we signed up for summer reading so we had lunch and played at the playground where I had to explain to them what tetherball was (what?!?) and show them how you win by beating them over and over again. I always was too shy to play as a kid but I had no problem schooling these boys all day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment