Monday, March 28, 2011

Jaxson's Day Out: Build-a-Bear

I wrote awhile back that I found a giftcard for build-a-bear from Jaxson's first birthday. It was such a great time to find the card because it served two purposes. First, it was a great outing for just Jaxson and I. We had so much fun and he said several times that "daddy and asher at home" with a big smile. He was a little shy at first but he laughed and had a great time. He mostly loved picking out clothes for his bear making laps around the store picking out different shirts and pants, but he kept coming back to this one jacket. The 'leather' harley jacket of course. I kept trying to divert his attention to no avail, his mind was made up. He was just trying to find different things Bear needed to wear under the jacket, not instead of the jacket. So... we came home with a harley jacket.


The second purpose it has surprisingly served is helped Jaxson become less scared of the potty. We were doing great when he became very scared of the potty so we backed off and gave him some space to do it in his own time. Well, Bear needed  big boy underwear and so last night when they were getting their pj's on (Bear in his boxers and white shirt) Bear had to go to the potty. Not long after Bear went, Jaxson wanted to sit on the potty himself. The potty session didn't amount to anything but this is a BIG hurdle that we have been trying to overcome and I think Bear might have done the trick. I guess the rather spendy little bear was worth it if it helps our big boy overcome his fear of the potty.


The finished product, Jaxson and his new best friend Bear.

Giving Bear a bath before picking out outfits



 Jaxson and Bear in their pj's and ready for bed

No comments:

Contributors