Friday, August 24, 2012

On The Water

 Many, MANY years ago when Dave and I recently moved into the house we are in now we were driving by Grays lake and saw the people on the paddle boats and canoes on the lake and he told me that he would take me to do that. So... six, maybe seven years, a wedding, and two kids later, we did it!!

I had a photo shoot Saturday but when I came home all the boys had surprised me with a lunch ready to go and all packed to go rent the peddle boat. For only $5 a half hour it seemed like a perfect, inexpensive activity to do on such a great day. It was actually a pretty good work out too! After we sat down and all found our spots, we pushed off and started to peddle. And I thought we were doing something wrong because we were going soooooo slow! I mean, really slow. I kind of expected my hair to be blowing in the wind as we peddled laps around the lake. Uuumm.... no, not at all. So once we realized it wasn't going to work that way we just stopped trying that hard and peddled slow and steady. Luckily we had reserved an hour because once we made it out a ways, it was going to take at least another half hour to make it back. Ha!



 Asher's life jacket didn't really last that long on. Not that it was our intention of taking it off but......


 after a few minutes of him pretty much not able to move or breathe, we didn't really have a choice. I didn't really get it either because it was a youth size and looked like it fit him perfect when we tried it on him. He was going to have to sit close to me anyway so it was ok.






No comments:

Contributors