Just kidding of course.... well kind of....
About two weeks ago Dave was fixing the caulking around the edge of the tub that had come loose. He decided he wanted to check behind the tub wall to make sure everything was ok. It wasn't. Some parts of the walls had started to have mold. So that same evening, on a Tuesday night, Dave had taken the shower walls out, cut out all the drywall and the insulation. I was happy to see it go but realized that now we didn't have a shower. Not fun....
Dave has since worked on it when he can, between work and planned trips to Kansas City, and all the other stuff we have going on. The end is in sight now since he began to tile the final wall. But after that it has to be grouted, sealed, and the shower door still has to be installed as well. But we are alot closer than having nothing except the bare exterior wall.
We have gotten creative for keeping ourselves clean. We have borrowed family showers several times, showered at my work after the work day has ended, and sponge bathed in the sink too. Dave crammed himself very carefully into the tub to make sure NO water got on the bare walls that were just finished being framed. Lets just say a 6'1 man doesn't fit that well in a regular sized tub. But he couldn't get away when I came in with my camera. I guess that is what he gets marrying me..... :/
We have found that Asher fits perfectly in the sink. And when I say perfectly, I mean almost too big but so adorable for photos.
And Jaxson has gotten pretty skilled at a sponge bath and washing his hair in the sink. The positives, I can get Asher washed in dressed in less time that it used to take to get the tub filled up. I have found that I really like showering in the evening and letting my hair dry before bed. My hair lays so much nicer and in the winter I won't have to use the car heater as my blow dryer. :) And for Dave, well I don't think he has gotten anything positive out of this ordeal except maybe that he is learning how to waterproof and tile a shower like the experts.
I think when I do get to get in the shower I might never come out..... but then our water heater would probably break or something......










No comments:
Post a Comment