Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas!


Christmas was a busy day as usual. Luckily Dave and I were able to get up and ready before the boys were awake. We actually had to wake them up just before 9am. You would think the excitement would keep them up but that really isn't the case around here. They both were fighting a cold so they needed the sleep anyway.

The boys woke up to a tree full of gifts and a path of snowflakes leading the way that Astro (our elf) made for them as a goodbye gift. The boys loved it and they were so excited to get started opening gifts. Jaxson started first and found that Santa brought him exactly what he asked for, a new wrestling ring. Asher found a guitar in his box from Santa. He immediately wanted it ON! I made a Mommy fail though. Once we were getting down to the last of the gifts I noticed Jax hadnt opened a couple that I knew I had bought. Then I realized that there was a whole bag of gifts downstairs for Jaxson I had completely forgot to wrap. I ran down, threw them in boxes, and brought them up. Jax was just as excited, he could care less that they weren't wrapped at all. Oops.... One of my favorite parts was to watch Jaxson be just as interested in Asher, Dave, and I opening gifts as he was about opening his own. And I am pretty impressed with the gifts I got for Asher, they must be pretty good. Everytime Asher opened a gift Jaxson wanted to make sure that he "had to share right!?!?!"













Asher is opening the gift Jaxson wrapped for him! 





Then on to my side of the family. We ate breakfast, visited with family, and let the kids tear into gifts before we got started on White Elephant game. Jaxson and Asher left with all kinds of stuff, including finger paint ( to encourage them to paint each other.. not that they need encouraging) spiderman stuff, trains, and even a keyboard for Jax. I ended up with a stealing frenzy to get lottery tickets and Dave ended with a groupon giftcard.




At Elaine's we ate and ate then the kids opened more gifts. They were happy campers by the end of the day. The adults did a gift exchange and drew names. Then we played some board games with everyone and finally headed home... a full stomach, a very full car, and very tired...




Until next year.....

No comments:

Contributors