With Jaxson I wasn't the best at reading books to him from a young
age. He wasn't an early talker either. Sometimes (often) I felt that he
would have been better if I had read to him more. It may or may not have
helped but now he really enjoys reading and "reads" books himself using
the pictures. It makes me really happy to see that.
Asher
on the other hand has had books read to him from day one pretty much.
He was always on my lap as I read to Jaxson and because has always
really loved books. When we redid his room we added rain gutter
bookshelves. They are great!! I found the idea on Pinterest of course.
It was easy and super affordable as well. And it encourages reading
because kids can see the front of the books (rather than just the spine)
which perks their interest and they are more apt to pick it up to read.
This is sooo true. I have caught Asher in his room just reading books.
Sometimes sitting in his chair. Sometimes laying on his tummy with books
all around him. I want my boys to love books and explore different worlds through them. I want them to check out five library books, and actually have them all ready before the due date. I want them to discover new vocabulary and ideas through the pages of books. So things like this couldn't make me happier!




No comments:
Post a Comment