Storyish #1
I let my kids jump off the couch. They're boys. They will do it when I am not looking even if I don't "let them" So go ahead and pile up tons of blankets and pillows and jump away. They were so sweaty and tired out after 30 minutes of this I almost will start to encourage it. There was only one incident and there were no tears. Just a reminder to Jaxson to not try to land on your butt, but rather your feet, because even though it isn't far, it's far enough to hurt.
Storyish #2
Nail biter at the young age of two. Ugh... totally my fault too. I have had this bad habit for far too long and now Asher does it. I mean how does he KNOW I am biting my nails??? Seriously??? Anyway, I realize I probably do it more when I am driving and totally not even think about it. And there he is staring at me while I am driving. Totally soaking in all the bad habits of nail biting. And so now when in the car he does it too. And I can't really do much about it since.... well I'm driving. So this is such a reminder that they soak in everything we do. Little things and big so it is soooo important to be a good role model. I am going to really try to stop doing this. Especially when he just staring at me. Ugh...
Storyish #3
Jaxson is a crazy, crazy good hide and seek player. It is really incredible actually. We decided to have a family game the other night. Dave hid first and the kids took forever to find him hiding under blankets in Asher's crib. Even after looking UNDER the crib. So to pay it back I help hide them really good. If you want to find Asher you just have to yell out, "Asher!" and he yells back, "Daddy?" so he is pretty easy. But Jaxson was hiding on the shelf in our closet. With the clothes moved over you couldn't see him at all. It was an awesome spot. Then for almost 30 minutes Dave couldn't find him and he NEVER made a peep. Not a giggle. No shuffling around. The clothes never moved or swayed. Nothing. I can't even help myself if you are even in the same room. Our second round was just as good taking Dave almost as long to find him and Jaxson was just as incredible. He is a hide and seek genius.
Storyish #4
I needed sound but didn't want to get caught watching a show and not getting some photo editing done so I put on a music channel on TV. My boy loved it and was dancing around. So instead of editing photos we danced in the living room. Totally worth it.
Speaking of my littlest I love looking down and seeing him hold my hand. I will so so so so miss this when they grow up. Jaxson who is only 4 won't hold my hand unless it is a requirement like crossing the street and it's been that way for awhile. Which means I only have another 18 months or so of this and I want to soak it in.








No comments:
Post a Comment