Thursday, July 1, 2010

College Visit

Carol was host to Cathy and Rachel Haugo yesterday. They made a trip to Des Moines to visit Des Moines University. Rachel, 20, is beginning to apply at different schools for the 2012 school year. She is on her way to be a physician assistant and Des Moines along with two other schools are her top choices. Cathy is married to Carol's (and all the other Williams seven) cousin from my grandpa's side of the family tree. Confusing I am sure... so anyway. They live in Minnesota and are so lucky to be able to go to the family cabin on the lake most weekends in the summer. All of Carol and her siblings used to go there over the summer and I have pictures of my dad and I in front of the big stone fireplace. I haven't been since I was very young and not sure if I remember it or just remember it through pictures.

Carol made dinner and a few of the Williams clan that were free stopped by. We tried to sway Rachel's decision with good food, funny jokes, and a cute two year old and I think we did a pretty good job. We don't see much of that side of the family and having them making some trips down to see Rachel and having her come to a few family things that fit in with her studying would be fun.

Cathy invited Dave, Jaxson, and I to the cabin anytime this summer. We made a trip last year with Holcomb and Leah who's cabin is only a few minutes from the Haugo cabin. It was such a beautiful place and if we can fit it in to our summer (which means Dave with his schoolwork because you know I can do it!) we would love to visit. If only it wasn't an 8 hour drive with a two year old. We talked about driving all night if we did make the trip as this is the preferred method for many parents that I have talked to. I am just curious how you stay up all night?????


Playing wheelbarrow.




He couldn't even leave his trains for one second! We had to bring a few tracks with us

Cathy and her daughter Rachel Haugo

No comments:

Contributors