Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fun in the Pool

Finally! He was having some fun yesterday in the splash pool with little Aubrey but he still wouldn't go past his knees. I am determined to get him into loving pools because I love being in the water. Being on two swim teams for years I am simply a 'fish' and to have a son who refuses is just unacceptable. I am slowly but surely getting him confident in the water and today we made a huge leap. We went to Eric and Kristy's 3rd of July party and took a dip.

He wasn't too excited about it at first but Collin, the big guy in some of the pics, is awesome with kids and Jaxson lit up around him. He was splashing and laughing out loud in no time and actually stepped into the pool on his own. Unheard of!! We swam, we jumped into the water, I threw him up and caught him with a big splash and the smile never left his face. His favorite part was the giant water squirter. I was holding him on his belly and he was kicking his little feet like a real swimmer. He even went under once and came up with a smile. This is more like it!

And on another note all the photos were taken by Dave this evening as I was designated the swimmer with Jaxson. He did a great job and there are tons of pictures I love. Trying to keep the number of pictures I post under control is proving difficult since the new camera. :)






2 comments:

Auntie C said...

It was just a matter of time....your genes HAD to produce a little fish. I LOVE that smile! Nice photo shots, too!

mimi said...

Great pictures! X

Contributors