Sunday, December 5, 2010

Last Minute Art Event

I got a message on facebook from Maryann about the Art Center having what they call Reindeer Round Up. It was a free event that had reindeer outside you could visit along with live festive music inside. They had cookies and juice and two crafts to choose from. I got the message about about 1240 and it started at 1. Somehow Dave and I both got showered (it's Sunday, don't judge us for not being showered yet at 1240!) and ready and Jaxson dressed as well as some lunch and were out the door by 1:12. I don't know how it happened but it did. We got to the art center to see it surprisingly very busy.


First we met Dancer and Prancer outside.




We listened to the music while eating out cookie then off to the craft area. We found ourselves at the end of a very long craft line. We contemplated ditching it but felt like it would be a waste of Jaxson didn't get to do something artsy. The line seemed to be going quickly so we waited it out and were at our table in only 5 minutes or so. We followed the "model" for the most part and Jaxson had fun doing the confetti part. This made me feel like we should do more crafts at home. Ugh... why can't I just be more crafty?



The finished product. :) 

2 comments:

Sue said...

I used to do a Christmas craft with my kids every year when they were younger. Maybe we could make it a tradition with your kids too!?!?!

Strawberry Momma said...

If I could get my act in gear, we would have you and Jaxson over for craft time here. As it is, I haven't done any with my kids this year yet.

I am glad you guys had fun and I am sad we didn't make it. At least someone got good use out of me seeing that on the Register's website last minute. :D

Contributors