My dearest Jaxson, just yesterday we celebrated your third birthday. Three years ago you came to meet us on a sunny June day and I couldn't have found a more perfect baby. And now when I look at you I still see my baby boy. I always will. Even though when I call you baby boy you correct me to tell me that you are Jaxson boy, not a baby. I get to hear your thoughts and see your personality now and I love it. You are still the thoughtful, quiet little boy with a little added attitude. You are becoming more independent and love doing things on your own. When you do snuggle on my lap it makes my heart melt. And now that it is few and far between I try to soak it in as best I can. Some of your favorite things are to eat outside in the breeze, you love playing with your dinosaurs and little cars. There aren't many things you love more than sleeping at grandmas house, or all the popsicles she lets you have. You still love being at home with your family over being out and about. Unless Aubrey is near, because in that case you two are like glue together. She is still your best friend and I love to see you smile and laugh together. I can't wait to watch you with your new friends as you get older because you are a great friend, even at three. I love to watch you have fun but it makes me happy that you are happiest simply being with us at home. Because simply being with you makes me happiest too.
I am so excited to watch you grow over the next year. I want to give you new experiences and see what you learn. I will watch you come out of your shell and hear your thoughts, ideas, and opinions on all the things around us. I couldn't be prouder of the little boy you are and I know that everything to come will just make me more proud than I am today.
 |
| Forever my first baby boy |
 |
| Dancing in the summer rain on your third birthday |
No comments:
Post a Comment