Wow.. full term! The waiting game has officially begun. Now I realize that it could still be awhile but as the ticker on the blog ticks down the days, saying 16 to go right now, it's starting to feel real. Not that it didn't before but now I am so close to holding a new baby in my arms. And my doctor has confirmed we are head down and 1cm closer to doing just that. (I know this doesn't mean much but we are headed in the right direction) I am trying to prepare myself for the actual birth. I have Jaxson's birthing experience so ingrained in my brain I just envision it going the exact same way this time and I need to be prepared for it to be different, and for it to be a different little bundle when it is said and done. I am confident that it will go just as smoothly though, because if I fear otherwise it won't do me any good. One way or another the baby is going to be greeting us in person and will hopefully have a name. We have kept all names a secret this time, and I have to say thank you for not trying to get any ideas out of me too much. I am really bad at slipping up on these type of secrets so thank you for not trying to get me to break, because I probably would and Dave would be so disappointed. I am feeling good that our long name list is beginning to get shorter. And we are starting to pair firsts with middles. It's comforting knowing he might have a name before leaving the hospital. And I think Dave has got more of a 'nesting' urge than I have. He has picked one project each day... and then follows through. He got the deck all cleared from leaves and arranged the tables as they should be, he got the dog area put together for spring with a new layer of hay to try to limit the muddy paws somewhat, the basement cleaned with some storage bins organized and eliminated, behind the tv cords are all bundled nicely with zip ties. I don't know what his next project is but I am glad that someone has been 'nesting.' And I have to admit that it is actually really nice that someone else is nesting...
Just one more of week of work then I have 11 days off to relax and wait for baby boy to arrive to use up my left over PTO from last year. If I have to go back to work after my 11 days off I would be doing so after my due date. With that, realistically next week might really be my last week of work. aahh.... I can't believe it is already here! It seems just yesterday I posted this!
1 comment:
holy Little Dude Junior. I can't beleive the time is so near. You are a good preparer, I like what you wrote about getting you mind off the last delivery and knowing this will be a new experience, hopefully as good or even better. You are the best. Love, Auntie C
Post a Comment