Thursday, February 17, 2011

The PERFECT Day!

Jaxson and I had nearly a perfect day today. Jaxson woke me up and we got ready and made it to storytime on time today. Woohoo... that alone would have made it a good day. Then we stayed and played with the puzzles at the library for awhile. He is getting really good at puzzles that don't just have cutouts that he has to really think through them. He has very good concentration and focus, and will do it over and over again until he can do it very quickly and knows exactly how to do it. His favorite puzzles was, what a surprise, the dinosaur puzzle!


We came home from the library and made lunch. The best part of lunch was Dave came home and joined us. Jaxson was excited and thought his dad was just home early but shortly headed back to work. But before he left he put Jaxson's trike in the back of my car and Jaxson and I headed to Gray's Lake.

Jaxson put on his new spring jacket, which apparently I bought just in time, and joined what seemed like the rest of Des Moines at the park. We biked around the path to the playground and Jaxson played and played and played. He went down all the slides, from the smallest to the largest, and is much more brave on the jungle gym then he was just this fall. He didn't really want to leave the slide but the idea of riding his trike was a pretty good alternative so he did without much fight. On our way back to the car we walked along the river where the river was covered with huge chunks of ice floating downstream. It was hard not to stop and watch and Jaxson was in awe as well. Jaxson decided he wanted to walk back to the car and I was so worried he was going to slip and tumble down the bank towards the river. I would have preferred him on his trike (which has a handle for me to guide him and control where it is going) but that just wasn't going to happen. We made it back to the car intact (thank goodness!) after enjoying the fresh air for over two hours and with a few pictures and videos of the incredible river of ice.




We had to stop and point at every dog. That was alot of dogs this afternoon.





Tonight Dave is grilling and our window is open with a slight breeze. Perfect, even if it is just a tease for now. :)


3 comments:

Strawberry Momma said...

I miss spending Friday mornings with you guys. :( I think next Friday you need to make a visit to my work. I am in the other building from your aunt. :)

mimi said...

Looks like Jaxy has Dave's legs.

JamieLynne said...

That is probably a good think Michelle since his are long and lean, and mine are kind of short and stumpy. haha...

Contributors