Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dirty Thirty

Dave has reach a milestone. Thirty! Can you believe it? You probably can't since he still looks like he just turned 21 instead of 30. It won't be long and people will think he married an older woman since he seems to not age.

We celebrated on the actual day with a stop at Capital Pub Hot Dog Co. where he had a sushi inspired dog. Then we were off for a round of mini golf. He wanted some redemption since he took a serious beating the last time we went!! Then on to Taki for the hibatchi grill, one of Dave's favorites. I welcomed this new decade with a gift of a pair of reading glasses along with his birthday card (in case he had difficulty reading it) and an "old man's" Hawkeye shirt. You know, the all black collared shirt with a very mature Hawkeye logo in the corner.

I think in the last thirty years he has accomplished exactly what he would have hoped, even though not much of it happened exactly as planned. I am glad that I get to be a part of the next thirty because I have a feeling with the Barry luck it will only get better.




No comments:

Contributors