Friday, April 16, 2010
Conehead
No, not the movie but maybe just as entertaining. Bandana got caught on something and ripped his ear creating quite the problem. I came home somewhat late and they were outside enjoying the nice weather about three weeks ago. I turn around and let out a shout in shock. What I found was a tail wagging, smiling yellow lab with his whole head red with blood. It freaked me out. I went out to take a look and I could tell it wasn't good. I washed it with some baby shampoo and warm water then hydrogen peroxide. It wasn't good so on Monday we took him in and stitches it was. After a day at the vet he came home with a few more items in tow, two prescriptions and THE CONE. It was huge. And not just huge, but HUGE. He couldn't get through doorways, he couldn't walk downstairs because he couldn't see his feet, and he would make all the noise in the world knocking into walls. He finally got used to it and more efficient at getting around. We finally took it off two days ago, about three days after he got his stitches out since he was too tempted to scratch it still. I am thinking to keep it around and use it for doggy punishment.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment