I want to say to start that I am new to this whole potty training business. That said we have been sitting on the potty lately that is next to the toilet in the bathroom. He had a few successful moments and then nothing. And more nothing. Yesterday he started to act like he didn't want to even sit on it and wasn't really that excited to be in the bathroom. So after a moment of him protesting I gave up and he waddled out of the room diaperless. I got his things and was bringing the potty into the other room to see if he could bond with it again. Just as I walked in the room Jaxson was in the kitchen tinkling in the corner. I quickly set the potty that was in my hand down and tried to get him to sit on it. By then it was over, I had missed my moment. He waddled off again, still diaper-less but with an empty bladder. I grab the cleaning supplies from under the counter and got to work. Then I listen, and all I hear is silence. I get up leaving the potty in the kitchen to find Jaxson and cover up his bottom with a diaper asap. Where is he? Nowhere else but where the potty usually is going #2!! Really?!?! Seriously?!?! I was beyond frustrated.
Today I wasn't going to force it and I was by all means going to keep a diaper on his bottom. He didn't want to sit on the potty at all and I didn't force him. Then he ran off to a corner which is a tell tale sign he is off to do his business. We went together to the bathroom with no avail. And again. And again. Finally, he ran to his closet, shut the door. So before he could do anything I thought well, fine I will just put the potty in the closet. Two minutes later of he said All Done. And sure enough he was. We later tried it after dinner and without any hesitation he went potty. So I am not sure if it will pose a problem that he will go if the potty is in his closet but we have had half a day without a dirty or wet diaper.
2 comments:
glad you didn't post any pictures with this one! ;) hehee xx
It may be difficult for me to resist not documenting EVERYTHING but I think I will be able to on this one.
Post a Comment