Monday, April 5, 2010

The Hunt for the Easter Egg Hunt

Saturday morning we didn't have anything particular planned so I cruised the information on Des Moines Register and found an Easter Egg hunt at the Blank Park next to the zoo. Since it is only about 5 miles from here we went up. We played a little while waiting for the easter egg hunt to start and the park started to fill with parents and kids all with easter baskets in tow. At about 10:30am, when it was supposed to start the parents started looking around at each other wondering what was going to happen. Then at about 10:45am parents were consoling upset kids. And finally at 10:50 people started to file out but not before complaining to the ticket office at the Blank Park Zoo next door. They had to repeat many times that they were not in charge.







Upset, Jaxson and I left and were off to Walmart to get eggs to have our own hunt in the front yard if we had to. While I was there I talked with Beth and she told me the Bondurant hunt was starting at 1pm so we still had time to join. Back in the car and off we went. It was perfect and he was with his little cousins which made it much more special. Overall, it was a frustrating day with a pleasant, candy filled outcome.





No comments:

Contributors