Sunday, May 23, 2010

Compromising My Wish List

Ihave always loved taking pictures and feel some amount of anxiety when I feel I am "missing a moment." Some may find it surprising that I have always been this way and having my little Jaxson has only made it worse. I have also always wished I was better at taking pictures and would love to take a photography class and learn more about it and how to use my photoshop better. Jennie, who started me on blogging (Thank You!) also keeps a blog I check regularly. She has recently got an amazing new digital camera that turns a 'snapshot' into a professional looking, 'hang it on the wall' type of picture. I have also always wanted a digital SLR camera and hopefully someday I will get my hands on one I can call my own. For now I am compromising my wish list. My dad got me a 35mm SLR camera when I graduated high school complete with two lenses. I use to take pictures with it so much until I got so wrapped up into digital, like everyone else, and kind of forgot they still use film. Feeling like I wanted some better pictures after drooling in jealousy from Jennie blog I dusted off my SLR film camera and started taking some pictures. It's been awhile and I could stand to read the manual again but it was still fun. After every picture I snapped I instinctively looked at the back of my camera but of course could not see my picture. What can I say, I have gotten used to instant gratification! When I had them developed I had them put the photos on disk rather than in hard copy for me. I am still unsure on the exact resolution of them when put on disk but from what I can see they look pretty good and will work for anything I will ever want to use them for. So, for the time being we will just be taking photos the "old school" way. Here are some pictures from my first roll of film in many years. I have one more roll I finished today of Jaxson and his cousins on the slip and slide and already itching to take it to Target and see what I have!
















3 comments:

Auntie C said...

I think the photos are top notch...they look as good as Jenny's from what I can remember...just not as convenient:(

Auntie C said...

PS.. subject matter definately helps...perfection!

Jennie Peakin said...

Jamie, those are GREAT!!!! And it DOES help that your subject matter is so darn adorable!!! :) I love photography too! Sooooo fun!

Contributors