Sunday, May 30, 2010

My BFF

When I was born I had some instant friends. They call them cousins, and I had a lot of them. Luckily I was born right in the middle of all of them, some older, some younger. We always gathered at my grandma's and it was always so much fun. To this day we are all still very close. Jaxson is the oldest of his group of cousins that will be someday so doesn't have the instant friends yet. But he has Aubrey. Our very good friends Holcomb and Leah had a daughter just six months, almost exactly, before Jaxson was born. She was the first baby that Dave held. I went to her baby shower and Aubrey and Leah went to mine. On just the second day of being here Jaxson met Aubrey in person. And since they have been the best of friends. They had a rough patch where they didn't play nicely but it lasted only a small amount of time and they were back hand in hand. They will be found reading, playing, or just laughing each time they are together. Jaxson's face lights up when he sees Aubrey's picture and he yells out "Bobby" and starts to laugh right away. If you tell him Aubrey is coming over he runs to the door or climbs to the window. They truly are best friends that will be able to grow up together and have a bond that many people may never share with anyone. Here a few pictures I could find of the two of them. I have ALOT more but it would take me all night to find all of my favorites.

Aubrey and Leah were there for Jaxson's babyshower


Jaxson and Aubrey's first meeting when he was just 1 day old

Aubrey was showing Jaxson how to use his legs

This picture was when Aubs and Jax got together for the Iowa vs. Penn state game in 2008

Jaxson and Aubrey at her second birthday test driving her new car together

The following pictures were taken tonight. When I looked through the pictures I just thought how lucky they are to have such a great friendship at only two years old.






Dancing hand in hand to Yo Gabba Gabba






1 comment:

Jennie Peakin said...

Too cute! And great pictures!!! I love the kissing ones the best!

Contributors