For the first year of Jaxson's life I tried to do what was best for him. He ate exclusively my milk because it was the best thing for his little body to grow big a strong. It was also easy to make and very inexpensive, but these were just perks to what I knew would be best for him. I am beginning to slowly phase out nursing and am transitioning him into a regular diet and now I feel lost. I no longer KNOW what is best for him. All that I do know is being healthy starts with what you eat.
I do not have a good background on healthy eating and have had the luxury to eat pretty much what I wanted while staying relatively thin. But just being thin does not equal healthy and I want Jaxson to be healthy. I don't know where to go from here because I do not want to be on a diet, I just want to have a better understanding of what our bodies, especially his, needs to be healthy. There are a million books, a trillion websites, and to what I can find, no classes or information sessions at any local hospitals etc. I wish I wasn't in this situation and had learned more about right and wrong food choices while growing up. I want to make sure that Jaxson understands these things and will hopefully live a healthy, fad diet free life.
3 comments:
You are all the picture of health..No worries, (TMI for Dave, but it's all about the.....shhhh.....fiber:) Eat the leafy greens, bluberries, multigrain breads and brocoli! Wash it all down with something good, though! And, DON'T FORGET THE PASTA AND DESSERTS.
exactly! lots of fruits and veggies. kids love them when they're introduced to their diet at a young age. eliminate trans fats (hydrogenated oils), MSG, and corn syrup. he's well on his way to a healthy lifestyle already having had mama's milk for the first year and a daddy who loves to cook! xx
and remember to keep the carbs whole grain when possible :)
Post a Comment