Saturday, October 16, 2010

Monkey Man

Halloween is becoming a time of year that I look forward to. Last year I stumbled upon the cutest outfit at the consignment shop and got lucky with Jaxson's cuteness factor. Don't remember? Click Here. This year I went to Facebook for ideas and must give credit to Kristy Ennen because she came up with the idea completely. A Sock Monkey! They are pretty cute little dolls and Jaxson is a pretty cute little doll himself, i thought it was a perfect fit. I found a store bought costume online but it didn't even really look like a sock monkey and was sold out. So I commissioned MaryAnn to help me. She is crafty and talented, I knew I was in good hands. I found a template where you stitch it on a onesie PJ set. It unfortunately didn't work as well because of a few differences in our pj and the one in the template so she made it a stand alone outfit with buttons down the back. Jaxson was a huge fan once he had it on and instantly began chasing his tail in circles. He wasn't as excited during the fittings so I am so glad he loved to wear it, even the hat, the whole night! She did an awesome job and all I did was take her out to lunch. I seriously owe her about 20 more lunches and a stock of thimbles since she hand sewed the whole thing. I do have to admit I am envious of the crafting skills and wonder if I could learn. But then I usually wake up from my daydream and realize that it is a talent, one that I do not have. Good thing I have talented friends!

You can read about how she did it on her blog, and a couple pictures of it in progress. http://calicostrawberry.blogspot.com/2010/10/monkey-tale.html 

The event we went to Friday was Addison's annual Halloween party. This is where a ton of kids dress up, eat alot of sugary cookies and cupcakes, play spooky games, and simply go crazy together. It was a hit again this year and am already looking forward to next year.



Fischer was an Iowa State football player this year. He carried around his football all night, even using it at one point to knock out a loose tooth. Yes, probably by throwing it at his face somehow. But hey, he is a 6 year old boy, what do you expect? And of course, he couldn't be prouder for how he got his tooth out. Dave also had to show him how to do the Heisman Pose and he did a pretty good job of it. I am sure he will be perfecting it the rest of his life like most football loving guys.











1 comment:

Strawberry Momma said...

I was happy to help out. He looked so cute!!

And I bet you could learn to sew. It is not hard at all. We should work on the dog beds next. Nice straight lines!! :D

Contributors