Saturday, October 23, 2010

Practice Pumpkins

I officially lost our practice pumpkin carving competition we did at Kyle and Brittany's last Thursday night. They host an event each year and buy carving kits and pumpkins for everyone and you come, carve, and carry home your pumpkin. I picked a fairly easy carving template and Dave picked a comparably more difficult template. I was done with mine about an hour and half before his, and we were the last to leave, and one of the first to show up. Needless to say Dave is feeling alot more confident about our carving competition that will begin just next week. I have to admit that I am feeling much less confident but will be spending ALOT more time on my pumpkin. This may have been the loss that has made me fired up and ready for a serious comeback. maybe...


They also had cookies for the kids to decorate. Needless to say Jaxson had a blast doing this. He decorated two cookies, his face, the table, and the chair. He definitely won the most messy cookie decorator award.



 Here are the pumpkins that we carved. This is the few that a couple had left, along with ours. Dave did the bottom center, and I did the top left. I am going to have to step it up big time if I want to win. To say the least.

No comments:

Contributors