Next week I have to turn in the midterm portfolio. We have done four official projects and several extra credits including the toilet paper and nature shots. I am feeling a little overwhelmed as I thought I had alot more time to put the portfolio together. I wasn't reading the syllabus that closely and thought we only turned them in at the end. Ooops on my part! But I just need to do some printing and I will be good to go. Here are my latest three projects.
Our second photo project, 7 Parts of Interest was a redo for me so I redid and redid again. For some reason this was the hardest project for me. You have to take photos of seven individual pieces of a living thing (animal or human). I chose face and finally settled on seven pictures of Niley. Not because I loved them, mostly because I couldn't stand the thought of trying again. After seeing some of the other projects done in class I think the project can be great if done well.
 |
| Forehead |
 |
| Nose |
 |
| Teeth |
 |
| Eyes |
 |
| Tongue |
 |
| Whiskers |
 |
| Ears |
Our next project we have been working on is Kitchen Imagination. We had to find things only in the kitchen that show the seven elements of photography. These being line, shape, texture, tone, color, size, and direction. I had no idea really what I wanted to do so Saturday morning I went in the kitchen with a plastic bag and started putting stuff in it. I really had no rhyme or reason to the items I chose just as long as they could maybe fill a requirement and I would figure it out as I went. I took a ton of pictures as I didn't really have any idea which ones I wanted to use or how I would use them. This is what I came up with.
 |
| Direction using a cookbook |
 |
| Texture with coffee grounds |
 |
| Shape with an apple cored |
 |
| Size using spoons |
 |
| Tone using green peppers |
 |
| Color using magnets |
 |
| Line using kabob skewers |
One of my more successful projects I feel was called Shooting Steel. The idea was to find three steel or metal items, of the three one had to be exact, one practical, and the other stupidly beautiful. I went to lunch with Carol at Zmariks after getting this project and was sitting inside by the window talking about what I could use when the perfect metal sculpture was just right outside. I luckily had my camera and grabbed a few pictures right away. Awesome, one down. As we were leaving Zmariks I saw the mailbox for the strip mall that Zmariks is in. Very practical. While taking pictures of the mailbox I thought that the keys that open the mailbox's have to be the exact match. After getting some pictures of metal keys I was done. The teacher complimented the pictures and thought this one was done really well.
 |
| Stupidly beautiful |
 |
| Very Practical |
 |
| Exact |
2 comments:
I LOVE these! Have you ever heard of ShutterCal? It is an online calendar where you post one picture per day, for an entire year. I did it for a while, but fell behind back in May. Maybe I should pick that up again?
Here is mine, starting back in January.
http://shuttercal.com/calendar/finnaryn/2010/1/
Excellent pictures! You deserve an A in your class.
Post a Comment