So.. the last few days have been rather low key around here. We went to Elaine's for dinner on Saturday night after trying to think of something fun for Jaxson to do. We figured one of his favorite things to do is go to grandmas.. so we did that. In complete Elaine fashion she had a huge dinner planned in about ten minutes complete with an appetizer cheese tray, grilled fish, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli. She even apologized for not having a meal better planned. Uummm.. your kidding right?? We snuck Jax's blankie in the bag without him seeing because we knew Elaine would want him to stay the night. And once in the car for a few moments we got a text message about Jaxson staying there. Good thing I saw that coming!
Saturday night I started to get very sick.. :( I knew what was coming and I was not happy. Mastitis... ugh. (A common infection when nursing) I had it once with Jaxson but this time it was getting bad.. and getting bad fast! By the time we got home I was in so much pain I was very VERY happy I didn't use all my pain pills the doctor gave me after delivering Asher because I needed them. By Sunday I couldn't move and didn't get out of bed until 2 oclock when Dave talked me into going to a walkin clinic rather than waiting for Monday to see my regular OB. I got my antibiotics and continued to take the pain medications that were not really putting a dent in the pain anymore. Yesterday was filled with nausea, fever, chills, body aches, and any other bad thing that can come with a sickness. I feel slightly more like normal today... finally. As in I showered and put on real clothes. I even went somewhere. Wow! I am just glad I am still on maternity leave because if I had to actually be a functioning human being I don't know what I would have done.
Maternity leave... almost over. :( Very sad. My actual day back to work was supposed to be tomorrow. Can you believe it? Luckily it isn't tomorrow or I would be a sobbing mess right now. I had some leftover time from 2010 I had to use up so it extended my maternity leave an extra week, so May 2nd is the day I am dreading. I love Asher and mommy Monday morning cuddle dates, when it is just me and him because Jaxson goes to Mel's to play with all his friends. I know my work schedule is easy as cake but it's still sad. :'( Jaxson loves going to play with his friends, and eventually so will Asher but I will still look forward to Thursdays when I can wake up and cuddle with my boys.
I have my 6 week postpartum doctors appointment tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. Just feel that I have looked forward to my time with Asher for so long, about 8 months to be exact and with this appointment coming I know that it is coming to an end.
On a weird note, I went to Target tonight. My first outing after realizing I wasn't going to die. Seriously, there were moments that i thought it was the end. I was walking back to my car and the cashier came running after me saying I forgot a bag. This was completely possible considering my state of mind so I turned around, took the bag, and thanked her. I put the bags in the car and was on my way home when I realized that it wasn't my bag. I was already half way home so I just decided I got lucky. Besides hyvee left out a bag when I did drive up a couple weeks ago. I guess this was just my pay back. What did i get? Some easter candy, two packs of gum, a package of nestle mini chocolate chips, and a big box of lever 2000 soap. I just feel bad for the other "lady in the black jacket" that got home and was missing her stuff. Hope she wasn't planning on doing easter baskets tonight.. And just a note, I wouldn't have taken it if I had realized right there that it wasn't mine. Just saying...
1 comment:
What a nice little surprise bag!
Post a Comment