Monday, April 11, 2011

Hungry Hungry Hippo

This is the face of our little Asher when he is hungry. This face is something we see often as he enjoys to eat. And we now see the fruits of our labor today after his 1 month well baby checkup.

3/9/11 - 8.8lbs and 20.75 inches
3/11/11 - 8.0 lbs leaving the hospital
3/15/11 - 8.10lbs and 21 inches
4/11/11 - 12.2 lbs and 23 inches

This puts our little Asher in the 95% percentile for both weight and height.
I nursed Jaxson until 12 months, then began to wean him until he was 15months. I have never really considered feeding any of my children any other way before or after they were born. I had my heart set. I know I am so lucky to be able to be successful at breastfeeding. I always thought, as many moms probably do, that it is something that the baby just knows how to do. I never really thought it was something you needed to prepare for or learn about. I know now that it takes practice and patience to get it right, even the second time around. And a lot of both. To see Asher growing so quickly proves what I already knew, that he is getting exactly what he needs, and a lot of it.

No comments:

Contributors