When we got home he started to have a mini meltdown because Dave wasn't home, because I wouldn't carry him in the house (since I was carrying a carseat) and because I dropped Asher's blanket on the ground (this really upset him!) So I got all the things in the house and went back out to get my screaming two year old off the walkway and into the house. He then decided he would sit and stare out the door and wait for Dave.
What turned from a mini meltdown to a major crisis is when the door wouldn't stay open and kept shutting on him. He kept yelling at the door to stay open, hitting it, kicking it, and at one point (photographed below) he attempted to bite the door. Yes, bite it. He was not very successful. I had my camera at this point because, as awful as it sounds, it was hilarious that he was in a major shooting match.. with the door!
He turned to me yelling, when I captured the below picture (with the flash on but I think the wash out look adds to the dramatic feeling of his screaming) and that is when he noticed I had my camera.
Then it was a constant NO MOMMY! No picture mommy!
Then he came up to my camera and yelled, "take picture of Asher!" while still crying and snot coming out of his nose. The whole nine yards.
So I did take a picture of Asher.. I wouldn't want to upset him anymore than he already was. ;)
He continued to wait by the door for Dave to arrive. We both anxiously awaited his return, I needed some reinforcments! And luckily, he won the fight with the big door and got it to stop closing on him as he stood in the doorway.
So, anyone who wondered, yes he does throw fits. Big ones! They don't last too long and usually with a few hugs or a few moments alone in his room he can calm his tears. But he definitely does have a meltdowns that only two year old's could create. He just usually saves the good ones for me. Aren't I lucky??? :/
No comments:
Post a Comment