I thought he was just memorizing them but...Carol brought him a puzzle back from when she went on vacation. We met for lunch she let him open it. This time it was a 25 piece Spiderman puzzle that said 5+ on the box for ages. We looked away for 3 minutes talking to each other and he had half the puzzle put together already. It is amazing how good he is at puzzles. When I try to do puzzles with him he gets so irritated when I try to put it in the wrong spot.
He is so good at sitting down and concentrating. Sure, he has his moments of complete chaos running around and playing with 100 toys for one minute each before moving on to the next. But when he is doing puzzles he just lays there in complete focus. Looks at the piece, turns it several ways, and really tries to find the right spot for it on the first try. He is much better at them then even me. I couldn't have even done the 25 piece puzzle as quickly as he did.
His favorite thing to do is put them all together, then tear them all up. And can you believe when all the puzzle pieces are all laying on the floor he can still put all 8 of them back together. He can put them together all at the same time just by looking at the piece. I'm sure this is part because of memory but I wouldn't be too shocked if he could figure it out even if it was his first time.
(pictures aren't great since I didn't turn on my flash... oops)
This was my best try for getting Jax in the picture with his puzzles he had just put together
And now for Jaxson's favorite part.. the tear down...
He stops..
Stomps..
And Rolls..
The other nice thing with the puzzles is on the back their is a shape to designate which of the four puzzles it belongs to. So it is a great way for Jaxson to count to twelve and sort shapes too. Love these puzzles!
No comments:
Post a Comment