The worst part of going to the doctor, besides my baby boy being sick, is if they prescribe medicine. Giving Jaxson medicine is like going up against a beast in the wild with nothing to defend yourself with. He thrashes around like a fish out of water, and screams like a.. well just like a two year old. It generally takes both Dave and I and if anyone saw us giving him medicine we would most definitely have CPS called on us. And unfortunately for us Jaxson got just that today, a prescription. Even though it tastes like bubblegum he acted like it was torturous. There are only two medicines he will take easily, his fiber gummies (which taste exactly like gummie bears) and his breathing treatments. I have tried to be sneaky, be reasonable, be sympathetic, and even bribe him. Nothing works. I wonder how long it will take before I don't need to be a human straight jacket to make him take medicine.
Jaxson doing a breathing treatment while playing with Dave's Ipod touch
No comments:
Post a Comment